Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mexican Food?!


Me being a Texan living in Japan has a few small disadvantages. For one, don't come to Japan expecting to find a Taco Bell, or any other Mexican food restaurant. Oh, they have a couple of Mexican restaurants here, but it's NOT Mexican food.

As a result of sometimes DIRE CRAVINGS, I've learned how to cook really authentic Mexican food. Some of which you might call 'Tex-Mex'. Here is one of my favorites -- FAJITAS!!

I've introduced my Japanese friends to Mexican foods on several occasions. They seem to really love it, and some have asked to come back over so I can cook it for them again, only they want to bring their friends haha. Maybe I should have started a restaurant.

If you come to Japan, expect to find some of the best chefs and restaurants in the world. In fact, Japan has over 180 of the worlds top rated food establishments. That is almost twice what France has (91). Just don't expect to find good Mexican food.

Also, you had better bring a cookbook of your favorite foods, just in case you get desperate enough to learn how to cook for your cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comments always!