Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Youroukeikoku Trip

This past weekend, I went to one of my favorite spots in Chiba - Youroukeikoku. It's kind of off the beaten path, but not so far off, that you can't be back to the big city in a few hours.

The name is for waterfall. There is a long river winding lazily through the mountain towns about halfway between Tateyama and Kujyukuri (9-mile beach). Pretty much dead in the middle of the 2 ocean sides.

There is actually a train line which can take you there if you are coming from Tokyo for example. 
Here's a map:


View 養老渓谷駅(千葉) in a larger map

There is a lot of friendly people in this town, and there is a lot of places to shop if you are interested, but the real site is the river itself, which around November, or December becomes very beautiful when the leaves start turning Red. I thought, this being the end of November that I would be able to see the Red leaves, but the timing was wrong. I'll have to go back in another few weeks I think :)

These are the kinds of things you can see if you get out away from the city. This is more my view of what the real Japan is all about.  If you visit you will see what I'm talking about. Just take time to walk the town after and talk to some of the locals. :)

Here are some pics:

Walking through Youroukeikoku

A view down the river

Gentle River

Beautiful lazy rapids

Nice - Fall leave colors, but still not quite Red

People (especially kids) love to find things in the rocks

More fall colors

Temple near the river









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comments always!