Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hanami 2012

Hanami - Japanese for watching flowers.  Each year in Japan about the middle of April, the Sakura Trees bloom for a short time. The Japanese are absolutely fanatic about this, and it's actually pretty amazing to see so many different cultures coming together to enjoy the nice weather, and spend time together out in the park.

My first trip this year was to Yoyogi park. I met some friends out there. It was INSANE. I am pretty sure there was several people that died. One guy was face down in the water. I found a pic of it HERE if you wanna see. BTW that guy (Frank's) photo blog is amazing, so check him out too. There were ambulances everywhere taking the drunk and dying away.  It was as if I walked into something out of Apocalypse Now.  There was a rave I saw where they were playing heavy psychedelic music, and most of the people were half naked, hanging from the trees and probably tripping on shooms. As I stepped over passed out people, I would walk to a clean looking camp, complete with the Japanese version of the Brady bunch, complete with kids frolicking, and birds singing, only to be yanked out of my daze by a loud crash and another drunk man with only a pair of ripped up shorts, and bloody feet, falling into a huge mound of garbage.  Before I could focus my eyes well, my gaze fell to a group behind him. 20 people dressed like Michael Jackson doing the "Thriller" dance. I was tempted to drink, but the lines to the toilets where 400 miles long.  Then I realized those people hiding behind the trees weren't hiding, they were wizzing on the Sakura trees, NICE.  I can't believe I didn't have my camera!!

This past weekend I headed out to Izumi Park. It was really laid back. Nothing like my experience out at Yoyogi.  It was pretty peaceful and not very crowded. Not to say that Yoyogi wasn't fun :P

Anyways, I did a few images, please check 'em out. :)
Sakura - Handheld HDRI



Sakura - Handheld HDRI
Sakura



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comments always!