Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Painting

I've been spending a lot of my free time doing painting again. I guess it's good. I haven't done any for a LONG time. Mostly all I've done for the last 8 years or so is graphite stuff, but it's good I could finally do some oil paintings.

I've done 2 already. The style I'm working on is something new. At least I've never seen it in Art before.. In the past I've done a lot of abstract stuff. At one time I was quite successful and sold many paintings in various art shows. I stopped because even still, I couldn't sell enough paintings on a regular basis to pay the bills. I've felt guilty for it ever since.

At least now I'm working, and just doing it in my spare time. I'll be posting some photos of my finished works as they come up, and linking them to a new art account on Etsy if you feel the urge to buy something. :)

Anyways, I've taken a fairly common decorating style here based on some comments from an interior decorator friend and started doing some style of French 'Shabby' paintings. We'll see how it goes.

Keep checking back for pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comments always!