Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Niigata

Last week I had a nice trip out of town.

I took a drive out to the far side of Japan to a place called Niigata.

This place normally is known for winter and skiing and snow up to the 2nd story of your house, but it's most known for it's high quality rice crop and coincidentally it's Nihonsyuu (Japanese Sake).  My favorites are Sasaiwai, and Hakaisan. ;)

In this time I found a vinyard here called Cave d' Occi.  It seems to be owned by the prefect of Niigata as well. I think he's major rich, but he was a nice guy!

I sampled a lot of wine. Most of the wine here tended to be full body and heavy on the tanins, so it was a bit spicy. It was very strong wine though. I enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comments always!